Planning Your Next Maine Ski Trip
Take a Maine ski trip to the stunning snow-capped mountains this winter! Everyone has been excited for the mountains to finally open up, especially with the snow we have been getting lately. We’ve put together some of the best mountains Maine has to offer, highlighting the advantages of each. The best part? All of these mountains are just short drives from our campus at Cumberland Crossing by OceanView!
Keep reading below and start planning your ski weekend getaway!
This newly-renovated ski resort has been much anticipated by Maine skiers. Freshly opened just in time for ski season!
- Boasts a 4,120 ft summit with a steep 2,000 ft vertical drop
- Quieter slopes and fewer lift lines
- Updated amenities at base lodge
- Known for deep powder
Carabassett Valley, Maine
Maine’s largest ski resort with a breathtaking summit and offering lift-serviced ski terrain above the treeline.
- Average annual snow record of 200 inches
- More than 1,400 skiable acres
- Packed with 138 trails, 20 glades, and impressive terrain parks
- Trails for every type of rider
- Slopeside village packed with shopping, bars and restaurants
- Ski-in/ski-out lodging available
Another one of Maine’s major ski resorts, known for consistently creating snow once the weather cools down.
- Sprawling 820 acres – 53 miles of trails plus 300 acres of inbound woods trails
- Offers 8 separate peaks and 15 lifts for easy access
- Renowned for The Chondola, a mix of Gondola cabins and chairs for a warmer ride
- Family-friendly environment
- Offers additional fun winter activities such as ski biking, snow tubing and ice skating
An ideal mountain for beginner or intermediate level skiers, also offering excellent backcountry trails for advanced skiers.
- Ski resort feels bigger than it actually is
- Vertical drop of 1,150 ft.
- 44 trails available across 5 lifts
- Ideal for beginners and intermediate-level skiers, with plenty of options for both
- Beginners have their own Westside learning area
Learner-friendly and the closest mountain to the Portland area, with great lift ticket deals.
- 249 acres, one of the smaller ski mountains
- Just 45 minutes from Portland
- Family-friendly and beginner-friendly slopes
- Stunning views of Mt. Washington
- Great lift ticket deals for day and night skiing
- 98% of trails are covered by snowmaking for consistently excellent conditions
Camden Snow Bowl
A popular local ski hill with unbelievable views and all types of trails.
- Trails with varying levels of difficulty for all types of riders
- Lower-priced lift tickets
- Breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean
- Nearby bustling towns of Rockport and Camden for non-skiers
Maine’s ski slopes are calling! Enjoy your active retirement living this winter with a Maine ski trip to the mountains. At Cumberland Crossing by OceanView, our campus is just a short drive from all these incredible mountains so a winter full of epic skiing is at your fingertips. To learn more about our community, please contact us today!